Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Crazy

Disclaimer: I take all things Christmas very seriously. Christmas decorations, music, movies, gifts, clothes, socks, and jewelry.... all a very serious matter!

This is the first year I have two bugs for Santa to bring gifts to. Both Caleb and Rachel will be getting so many things from outside sources that Zac and I thought it would be a good idea for Santa to scale down a little this year at our house. After all SC is working on a limited budget with only one income and we are trying to sell the workshop.
Growing up my sisters and I got one staple every Christmas. No matter what else was under the tree there was always an absolute that I could count on come Christmas morning- a baby doll.
Needless to say I want the same for my daughter. Let me tell you I have had to put some serious thought into what kind of doll is appropriate for a four month old. She is also getting her christmas pajammas (another must for every christmas) and a couple of books and toys.

My big problem is the doodle bug. I have gotten him a game that I am very excited about. and just like his sister he has pj's and books coming his way. but here is the delimma... He has gotten very into Blue's Clues. He runs around looking for clues and even stashes some around the house so he can play. Now back in the day when my sister's boys were young you could find BC stuff every where (and cheap). Now that is not so much the case. I have been on amazon, and even bid on ebay several times trying to get this kid a handy dandy notebook because he wants one so badly. They are anywhere from $18- $199. What is the deal... They used to be five bucks. So where do I draw the line? Do I become that mother that just has to have this item to the point that I start stalking people, standing in line, forget paying our bills so I can afford this, and even threatening people to get it? Or do I find some neat way to make one even though I have no idea how I will do that? Either way (probably not the first) I know that come Christmas morning my little man will have just what he needs tucked under the Christmas Tree.

The joy of Christmas Magic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment