Saturday, February 20, 2010

OLYMPICS

We are one week into the Olympics and I am already dreading the end. I love the Olympics, especially winter. I love the summer ones two but I am picky about what I will watch. With the winter Olympics it doesn't matter what event is on, I am at least going to have it on while I work. Caleb has also shown some interest in some of the events, which I love. and since he has been sick all week we have gotten to watch a lot of coverage.

Now, I will say that some events are not my favorite(i.e. Ice Dancing) while snowboarding, alpine skiing, and speed skating are things I am not going to miss.

So here are my feelings on some of the goings on for the 21st Olympic Games:

K. D. Lang- Wow. That is all I am going to say!

I am(against my will)l really starting to like these Canadians. They are very into social services and extremely proud of their country, but not in a cocky way. All of the coverage for athletes or local businesses that work for handicapped individuals just melts my heart.

My heart goes out to Georgia and I almost can't watch the luge because of it. I don't understand why each new country has to have the fastest, best, and record breaking tracks. Why isn't it enough to just have an Olympic worthy track?

Curling: don't understand it but I love it. They slide these stones down a lane and yell at each other while sweeping the ice. It's confusingly fabulous.

Matt Lauer is wonderful. I find him so much easier to listen to than Katie Couric.

I really like to watch all the fun background stories on the athletes. The things they have sacrificed and overcome to get where they are- it's amazing.

I am not a huge fan of men's figure skating. All the crying, and girly outfits. It's hard to watch but more importantly I am so glad Evan beat that Russian. I can't stand him.

Those snowboarders crack me up. They don't care what is going on, they just love each other and love their sport. I find the girls halfpipe a let down after the men's though.

All the delays are ridiculous. Sorry Vancouver.

I think Olympic commercials are better than super bowl commercials.

and finally- I don't care who you are, wearing a tiara to the medal ceremony is silly. Let's not, ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment